Kayaking & Canoeing
Kayaking and Canoeing Tobermory & The Saugeen Bruce Peninsula
Some locations to rent boats:
- Summer House Park - Miller Lake
- On The Water Kayaks - Tobermory
- Suntrail Source for Adventure - (519) 935-2478
- Bruce Outfitters - (416) 830-4715
- Cedar Grove Cottage - (519) 596-2267 - Cameron Lake
- Sauble Falls Provincial Park - (519) 422-1952
- Sauble River Marina
KNOWbefore you go
- Come prepared. The water can be cold any time of year. It can also be very very dangerous. Always wear personal floatation devices at all times. If you have never paddled before we suggest you learn prior to paddling anywhere on the Great Lakes.
- If you are snorkeling, wear a swim shirt - it is cold, and the sun can be strong!
- Respect the local rules.
- Take nothing with you but memories and photos
- The wrecks in Big Tub Harbour are frequented by the tour boats. Please respect them and move out of their way.
- If you are bringing your own kayaks/canoes - please use one of the public access points located here. You will likely need to drive to a parking spot after, as parking is limited in many locations.
Suggested Beginners Routes
• Rankin River Route
• Sauble River
Suggested Intermediate Route
Suggested Expert Route
- Bruce Peninsula National Park
- Lion’s Head
- Paddle to Flowerpot Island
- Dyer's Bay - Wingfield Basin
These last routes are on Georgian Bay - care MUST be taken. These paddles are suggested only for very experienced paddlers.