The museum is housed in the former St Edmunds Settlement School house
The building dates back to 1898. The museum contains land deeds and registers, and a great selection of photographs of the settlement history of the region. Fishing, lumber and nautical history are depicted here.
The museum also contains an original 1875 log home - which was relocated to the property in 1971. The log house is furnished as it would have been in it's era with pot, pans, dishes and linens.
The Museum is located south of Tobermory Harbour on the East side of Highway #6
Hours: 11 am - 4 pm
Weekends Victoria Day to Thanksgiving
July 1st to Labour Day